Troop 7, Boy Scouts of America
Community Church at Upper Ridgewood
Ridgewood, New Jersey
The following are the requirements for Tenderfoot, the second rank of each Troop 7 Scout:
NOTE: These requirements may be worked on simultaneously with
those for Second Class and First Class; however these ranks must be
earned in sequence.
- Present yourself to your leader, properly dressed, before going on
an overnight camping trip. Show the camping gear you will use. Show
the right way to pack and carry it.
- Spend at least one night on a patrol or troop campout. Sleep in a
tent you have helped pitch.
- On the campout, assist in preparing and cooking one of your
patrol's meals. Tell why it is important for each patrol
member to share in meal preparation and cleanup, and explain the
importance of eating together.
- a. Demonstrate how to whip and fuse the ends of a rope.
- b. Demonstrate you know how to tie the following knots
and tell what their uses are: two half hitches and the tautline
- Explain the rules of safe hiking, both on the highway
and cross-country, during the day and at night. Explain what to do
if you are lost.
- Demonstrate how to display, raise, lower, and fold the
- Repeat from memory and explain in your own words the Scout
Oath, Law, motto,
- Know your patrol name, give the patrol yell, and
describe your patrol flag.
- Explain why we use the buddy system in Scouting.
- a. Record your best in the following tests:
- Standing long jump
- 1/4 mile walk/run
- b. Show improvement in the activities listed in
requirement 10a after practicing for 30 days.
- Identify local poisonous plants; tell how to treat for
exposure to them.
- a. Demonstrate the Heimlich maneuver and tell when it
- b. Show first aid for the following:
- Simple cuts and scratches
- Blisters on the hand and foot
- Minor burns or scalds (first degree)
- Bites and stings of insects and ticks
- Poisonous snakebite
- Frostbite and Sunburn
- Demonstrate scout spirit by living the Scout Oath (Promise) and
Scout Law in your everyday life.
- Participate in a Scoutmaster conference.
- Complete your board of review
Note 1: Alternate Requirements
for the Tenderfoot rank are available for Scouts with
physical or mental disabilities if they meet the criteria listed in the Boy
Scout Requirements book. (No. 33215C)
Note 2: Requirement
15 - (Complete your Board of Review) MAY be done AFTER the Scout' has
reached age 18. All other requirements must be completed BEFORE
the Scout's 18th Birthday.
These requirements are reprinted, with permission, from the U. S. Scouting Service Project, Inc. Website ©1997-2001. All requirements are subject to change. The controlling requirements are those provided by Boy Scouts of America.
Boy Scouts of America
Troop 7, Ridgewood, NJ
All Rights Reserved 2001-2005
Contact Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org